Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Photo of the day


Summer Daisy. Simple. Elegant. Innocent. Sure there are many flowers considered more beautiful, but to me nothing says summer as much as a field of Daisies. The simplicity of this flower makes it especially beautiful. I have photographed Daisies dozens of times and never get tired pointing my camera at a single flower or a patch of them.


I really enjoy photographing flowers. Their beauty is timeless. My favorite lens is a Sigma 17-70 Macro 2.8-4.5. It allows me to get up close and bring out the details.

These are Dandelions I shot near the deck in our back yard. I know they are a pain in the you-know-what for anyone with a lawn but what surprised me was the complexity of the flower itself. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to pick a handful and place them in a vase in our kitchen but this has become one of my favorite shots that I've taken.

I have many more that I will eventually share and I am still looking for new subject matter. A few of my favorites can be found on my website www.davidwornham.com on the photo art page.

No comments:

Post a Comment