Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Photo of the day

As I sit here and contemplate what next year will bring for bookings I thought I'd start to post more often on my blog, to share my photography with the world. So this will be the first in many postings titled "Photo of the day" or something similar. With each I will share why I like the photo, where it was taken and anything else I think is important about it.

Today's photo is of the lifeguard tower located at Camp Collier in Gardner MA. The camp sits on 600 acres surrounding Lake Wampanoag and was opened in 1930. It served as a Cub Scout camp for the now defunct Monadnock Council until it's closing in 1993 and now operates as a year round camp for various Scouting groups. The lake offers swimming, fishing, boating and miles of trails for hiking and viewing nature.

I took this photo on a recent campout with our local Scout pack from Athol MA. We spent 2 wonderful days and were treated to the best weather you could ask for for camping. The boys spend a good deal of Saturday swimming and fishing for Sunfish. My son Logan caught the first fish of the afternoon and even learned to bait his own hook. I was so proud of him as it was the first time he caught a fish by himself. I have posted another photo below with his catch.

We spent the evening sitting by the fire and looking at the moon through a telescope that one of the parents brought for the boys to use. We were awakened about midnight to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightning but the storms moved around us thankfully.

Here is the photo of Logan with his prize:

Some notes on the lifeguard tower photo. When I took it I really saw it in black and white in my mind. I played with it a bit in color but was not happy with the way it looked.

To learn about my photography services visit my website www.davidwornham.com or visit me on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment