Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today's photo of the day

Today's photo of the day is a watercolor image of a Lily flower. I really enjoy photographing flowers, it's a nice break from shooting weddings and youth sports. This was taken over July 4th weekend at my wife's Aunt's and Uncle's home in Orange MA. As with many images I capture I had already in mind what I wanted the final image to look like. After adjusting the saturation and contrast I used a tool in Photoshop to apply a watercolor texture to closely represent a painting.

This is my favorite image that I have taken of a flower to date. I love how the Lily stands out from the background. The watercolor effect really becomes apparent when enlarged.

I have many images of nature and landscape that I transform into watercolor works of art and make available to sell through my website and on Etsy.com. This particular image is made available as a fine art print on canvas from 11x14 up to 16x20. I also offer it on professional Kodak paper matted and framed in a variety of sizes perfect for hanging in your home or office.

To view more fine art prints for sale visit my website www.davidwornham.com and go to the Photo Art page.

No comments:

Post a Comment